Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Cat --19 years, tiny, blind; she knew her way around the

Customer Question

cat --19 years, tiny, blind; she knew her way around the house and was fine until two days ago; had two seizures; not in pain; can't get around much; eating very little; don't have money to take her to vet; she is dying; should I just brush her and let her go in her own time?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: no
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

My worry for your sweet old friend is that she may be in Liver Failure which will cause seizures and anorexia. At her age, if this is the problem, there may not be any treatment but they can last a long time suffering unless you can help her. I would recommend calling around especially to the humane society, especially , if she gets worse because they may have inexpensive or free options for easing her discomfort. I know that you love her and do not want to see her suffer....euthanasia would be the best and kindest option for your precious gal.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome! I know how hard this can be when you have been friends for so long...hang in there! Someone will help.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta