Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My bunny is not responding to anything this morning. ...not

Customer Question

My bunny is not responding to anything this morning. ...not eating or moving....she was fine last night....normally she is very active and loves to play....she is making a clicking and grunting sound. She is just over a year old and never been in a cage...she also has access to outside....please help me.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

I am very sorry to hear about Dust Bunny's sudden deterioration.

Still, I have to warn you that if she is this collapsed, then it is an emergency situation. Her grunting/clicking last night was likely pain signs due to a gut blockage, twist, injury you weren't aware of, etc. No matter which was present at that time, her current signs are dire. Not only does she sound to be in shock, but anorexia of the rabbit can cause fatal gastric stasis. So, this is a situation where you cannot leave her as she is and home care will be of little benefit. Instead, you truly need to get her to your local pet ER as quickly as possible to give her a chance.Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ or via https://www.veccs.org/facility-directory/

Kind regards,

Dr. B.