Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

I believe my cat has had seizures or stroke in past. He

Customer Question

I believe my cat has had seizures or stroke in past. He would have some difficulty walking but would be better in an hour and act normal. He mentally seems ok. Seems to have all his reflexes. Now has trouble moving right front paw. He can move some but can't stand on it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Baby. He is 13
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Baby?
Customer: He has always been health and he has been an indoor cat for the last 4 years.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This lameness in Baby's paw could be due to a neurologic issue from arthritis, considering his age. This is common in older cats and not necessarily due to a stroke. If he is acting normal aside form this, this may be the case and your vet can prescribe an anti inflammatory medication to help Baby past this. Most likley your vet will take xrays and check to see if this is due to arthritis but it is important to also check his blood work because of baby's advanced age to be sure there is not other problems causing this. I wish I could give you a home remedy for this but without the tests, it is hard to know what may be causing Baby's distress.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****