Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Earache, he's a fifteen y/o barn cat (semi-feral) - seems to

Customer Question

Earache, he's a fifteen y/o barn cat (semi-feral) - seems to be in real pain
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Simba
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Simba?
Customer: He's a hunter, does get fed daily with ProPlan cat food and otherwise healthy and active for his age. Almost impossible to handle like my lazy house cat but might
Eat some tuna with a ground pill in it.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that Simba is not feeling well. My fear for Simba is that he may be suffering from either Kidney Failure or Liver Failure, considering his age. It is imperative that you get Simba to your vet so that he can be examined and treated. If he is feral, you can give a dose of Benadryl 10 mg which will make him drowsy so you can catch him and get him into a carrier. If he is really not feeling well, you may be able to catch him without any trouble.

I hope you can get Simba to a vet as soon as possible....hopefully, it is something simple but if it is not, he will get the treatment that he needs.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta