Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

Cat lethargic, blood on his, Ricky, about 8 I think, About 8

Customer Question

Cat lethargic, blood on his butt
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Ricky, about 8 I think
JA: How old is Ricky?
Customer: About 8 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ricky?
Customer: He is overweight
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that Ricky is not feeling well. There are many things that can cause these symptoms in your sweet Ricky so it is hard to know what may be causing this. It could be that he is suffering from constipation that is cauisng blood on his anus and this could be treated with Laxatone, available at the pet store. Give him a dose of this every few hrs to see if this will help. This is common in over weight cats. I also fear that he may be suffering form a metabolic condition such as Liver or kidney disease that can cause lethargy and bleeding. If Ricky is not eating also, I would strongly recommend that you get him to your vet or an ER vet for testing and lab work. This could be more serious that merely constipation and the quicker you know what is causing this, the faster that treatment can be initiated.

See how he does but look for other symptoms and let me know if there is any vomiting or diarrhea which could help in the diagnosis of sweet Ricky's condition.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta