Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My dog just attacked my friend's cat. The dog appears fines,

Customer Question

My dog just attacked my friend's cat. The dog appears fines, but the cat is lethargic, not eating, not drinking, lost some nails. She has a cut on her foot and limping. The dog had the cat in its mouth. What do I do for the cat until the vet opens in the morning?!?!?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did the dog pick Luna up and shake her?

Has the bleeding subsided?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, distension, tenderness, or tensing?

Any bone instability or crunching in any limbs?