Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My 12 year old healthy Himalayan is not weight bearing at

Customer Question

my 12 year old healthy Himalayan is not weight bearing at all on a hind leg.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: not that I know of.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Mushi Mushi I took him to a vet immediately and he said it could be a torn ACL
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mushi I?
Customer: He ha been on Prozac for at least 5 years as he was spraying and very aggressive with my other 3 male cats.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Did your vet take any x-rays of the limb?

Any change in appetite, vomiting or diarrhea?