Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat has been throwing up for 4 days and there is nothing

Customer Question

my cat has been throwing up for 4 days and there is nothing left in his litter box since saturday. He is a large cat, 17 lbs and I cannot get him a carrier to get him to a vet. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Amber Hinson replied 1 month ago.

So sorry Jazz isn't feeling well. Can you answer some questions for me so I can better help you?

Is he wanting to eat?

Have you changed his diet at all recently?

Does he drink a lot of water?

Is he urinating normally?

Is he straining at all when he gets in the litter box?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he wants to eat
No diet change
not drinking much water, empty litter box
I haven't seen him in the litter box
He has thrown up before, but never for 4 days, and since there is nothing in the litter box since saturday I am worried. I have tried to get him in a carrier but he is too strong
He hasn't been to a vet for 7 years because of that

Thank you for the reply. I really do think you should either try to get him to a vet or try to get a vet to your house. There are many vets now that do mobile practice where they come to your home. That sounds like the best option. If you can't find a mobile vet, maybe you can get him into a large tupperware tub (you know the kind that you store stuff in). You can poke holes in the lid so he can breathe and take him in to the vet that way. Might work better than a small cat carrier.

Unfortunately, his symptoms are really vague - not specific for any one disease or problem. He really needs and exam and probably some bloodwork.