Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

He can't walk all of a sudden. When he tries, he falls over.

Customer Question

He can't walk all of a sudden. When he tries, he falls over. He is 16.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No. He did have a bloody nose on Tuesday.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Tsali
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tsali?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He has been sleeping since I found him in this condition. However, I was able to get him to eat canned cat food. He tries to walk, but falls over.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi. This is Dr. Hill. I am sorry that Tsali is so sick. I need to ask a few questions to get a better feel for what is going on. Was the bloody nose due to trauma or did it just start bleeding out of the blue? Does he have a head tilt or any evidence of an ear infection?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The bloody nose was out of the blue. He sneezed all over the house and blood droplets were everywhere. No ear infection. No head tilt.

Okay. Thank you. Any potential exposure to rodenticides? Has he shown any other signs of illness or abnormal behavior?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. Appears his left side has been affected. Stroke?

Yes a stroke is a strong possibility. Is there an emergency clinic in your area?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

It would be best to take him into the emergency clinic. They will be able to do a thorough exam and give you an idea of what is going on and how to treat. I am concerned that he had a nose bleed a few days ago and now is not able to use his left side.