Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

My cat has been treated for colon cancer for a couple of

Customer Question

My cat has been treated for colon cancer for a couple of months. He has been taking chemo every 3 weeks. My vet says the tumor doesn't seen to have progressed, although she says it's in an area that is difficult to see with ultrasound. He has become constipated in the last few days, and the vet has prescribed 1.2ml of Lactulose and 0.2ml of Ranitidine every 8-12 hours. He was also given an enema a couple of days ago. The vet is reluctant to give him another enema because of the condition of the colon. His stool has softened only very slightly and he still doesn't seem to be able to have a bowel movement. Do you have any advice?
Thank you,
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 5 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. You can safely add Miralax 1/8th of a teaspoon to his food twice daily. Miralax is over the counter in most drug stores. I am sorry that he has cancer. Take care.

Hi John,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Rugie. How is everything going?

Kelly Hill