Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Can't poop has mega colon and I need to help him he is

Customer Question

Can't poop has mega colon and I need to help him he is blocked. Tried enema and its not working have givin sub Q's but need to help do I do this?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Ginger and he is a boy about 10 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ginger?
Customer: No this has been a cronic problem with him for 8yrs now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? What type of enema did you use on Ginger? Does he have any other issues going on? Is he on any medications for the constipation?