Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I'll try to make a story short----found her 4 years ago. She

Customer Question

I'll try to make a long story short----found her 4 years ago. She was about 2 but only weighed 2.5 pounds and was missing hair around her neck/head. She has had vomiting issues--like 2-4x/wk since I got her. About 2 wks ago, she had crusty ears and had lost all the hair on them. She lost some weight, and was vomiting more frequently. Vetted her and she was put on prednisone and some anti-emetic. Labs were normal except some eosinophils
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: Yes, we treated her for two weeks with the science diet low allergy food and the meds. now she is vomiting again and her ears are a mess again
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Has she had any GI workup performed? Any x-rays?
2) Is she short or long coated?
3) Please list all the foods that have been tried in detail.
4) Why was the allergy diet stopped, because of the vomiting?
5) Can you pleas attach pictures of the ears? Did your vet perform any diagnostics? Cytology? Impression smears?
6) Is she inside only?
7) Around any other cats?
8) Has she visited a dermatologist yet?