Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

He,s listness wanItng to hide more. Has a runny nose. No

Customer Question

He,s listness wanItng to hide more. Has a runny nose. No pep. I,m poor with no transportation or money. Please help him. Connie
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

Hi Connie, I will try and help you. Here are some things that you can try that might help your kitty. You need to order some lysine paste for him and also some vetriscience DMG for immune support. I am going to provide you with a link to be able to order both of these products for him and I will give you instructions on how to use. Give me a few minutes to get all this together.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

http://www.allivet.com/p-1542-vetri-science-vetri-dmg-liquid-for-dogs-cats.aspx this link is for DMG liquid: give 1/2 ml orally twice daily for your kitty. Give everyday indefinitely.

http://www.allivet.com/p-5395-duralactin-feline-l-lysine-325-ml.aspx This is for lysine: follow directions on label and finish whole tube.

Feed your kitty very high quality canned food that you have heated in the microwave to warm up just enough to enhance the smell so he will continue to eat and hydrate.

Keep his nose cleaned and clear of debris and mucus. Use moist wash cloth for this and be very gentle.

If you do all of the above he should start to have some improvement in 72 hours. But if he worsens you need to get him to a vet or he could develop pneumonia.

Connie I hope this helps. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Connie, please let me know if you need additional help as I check my computer nightly. Sincerely, DRB