Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital

We believe are car is about 4-5 weeks in to her first

Customer Question

We believe are car is about 4-5 weeks in to her first pregnacy and have noticed a small amount of bright red blood coming out of her
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: She is panting a little her tongue is sticking out she is wanting me to run her still though it does not seem like there's any more blood then that little so far
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: She don't seem to be hurting she is pregnant and we noticed a little blood coming out like a discharge but she is only around 4 maybe 5 weeks along
JA: OK. No obvious pain. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: Just that this is her first pregnant she around 4 maybe 5 weeks along had a small amount of bright red discharge has no problem being rubbed on his panting
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. The average gestation for a queen is 54-72 days. Unfortunately, if she is truly only 5 weeks and has some bleeding, then she may be losing the babies. You should take her to your local veterinarian and they should be able to help determine how far along she is and if there is anything that can be done to help. A small amount of discharge from the vulva does not always mean that the babies are at risk, but can be a sign of miscarriage. Feel free to ask additional questions.