petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.

My cat has major diabetes, we cannot afford to take her a

Customer Question

My cat has major diabetes, we cannot afford to take her a vet to put her down however I have Phenergan and other barca at home and want her to have a peaceful death as possible, suggestions
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the diabetes. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Comfort, and she has lived up to her name in every way, she is 15, and is suffering, she's in pain Suffern she's in pain drinking and peeing everywhere
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about in?
Customer: She's crying a lot
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Expert:  petdrz replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and comfort today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you.

I am sorry to tell you this, but there is no medication that can be administered orally at home that can offer a safe or effective euthanasia. The only way to provide a humane end for her would be to have the proper euthanasia solution administered by IV injection. I can understand if your finances will not allow, but I would suggest that you check with your local humane society or animal shelter as many provide a low cost or no cost option for cases where the pet is ill.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis foryour pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z