Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian

I believe I have contracted worms from my cat. I would like

Customer Question

I believe I have contracted worms from my cat. I would like to know if worms from cats get into food. I ask you instead of a regular Dr. as you probably know the diseases. I have not found answers on symptoms from cat worms except you may lose eyes sight. I have a swollen stomach and thighs with many wrinkles. No stomach pain but a swollen stomach, thighs and forearms. Would like any info as unable to find my symptoms on the Internet.
also tingling fingers and feet have grown about 2 inches. I am afraid it is too late to get much treatment. Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that you have such severe illness. Unfortunately, you cannot blame your illness on your cat. The only worm that you can get from cats is roundworms and hookworms. These will cause blindness if they migrate to your eyes, but there are no other parasites that you can catch from your cat.
I would strongly recommend that you seek care from a physician. They will likely be able to help you more than I can.

Best of luck to you,

Dr. Amanda