Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

I was told Tea tree oil could help my cat discomfort I put a

Customer Question

I was told
Tea tree oil could help my cat discomfort
I put a bit of oil on the ears
My cat seems sick
What is the remedy
The cat threw up too
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 7 months ago.

My name is***** am a UC Davis graduate, former Medical Director of a corporate practice, and currently a owner of a veterinary hospital.

Please remember to select, Reply to Expert, if for any reason youneed further clarification or have a follow up question. When finished, I greatly appreciate when you select a feedback rating to close the question for me.

I am currently working on my response to your question. It may take just a few minutes. Dr. Andy

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 7 months ago.

I am not confident at all that tea tree oil would have been of any benefit. However, I also don't think the oil on the ears is the cause of the vomiting.

To help settle the stomach, you can give a 1/4 tablet of over-the-counter Pepcid A.C. regular strength 10mg antacid. Just a 1/4 tablet. It can be given every 12 hours to help the stomach. However! It will not address the underlying cause of illness. So, a vet visit and some basic testing is well worth it to evaluate what is happening systemically (internally).

I hope that information helps

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 7 months ago.

I hope everything is going okay?