Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I recued a kitten Tuesday and took him straight to the vet.

Customer Question

I recued a kitten Tuesday and took him straight to the vet. The kitten had an eye infection and an upper respiratory infection. He also tested positive for round worms. I was given an antibiotic to be administered twice a day and salve for the eyes. I was also given three syringes of worm medicine and told to give them by mouth over a three-day period, which I did. The last syringe was given Thursday.
The kitten is now limp, he pooped all over the place and then stopped pooping; however, he seems to be having some kind of contractions and screams when he has them. Is he not able to pass the worms? What can I do to help him?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

You need to get him to an emergency clinic right away. He may have a low blood sugar which can be life threatening. You can rub a small amount of syrup on his gums before you head out.

When you get a chance, please let me know you received this message. Take care