Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Is the Diffenbachia plant poisones to cats? If so

Customer Question

Is the Diffenbachia plant poisones to cats? If so ....symptoms
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. Yes, this plant does pose a mild to moderate toxicity to cats. Symptoms can include drooling, oral pain, pawing at the mouth, vomiting and lack of appetite. Difficulty swallowing and/or breathing can be a result. If you see any symptoms, it would be best to have your vet check her out. You can rinse out her mouth with some water if you just noticed her chewing on it. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how your Kitty is doing and to see if you have any further questions.