Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Our Mini is 10 yrs old. She has started coughing about 3 was

Customer Question

Our Mini is 10 yrs old. She has started coughing about 3 was ago. She coughs and we thought it was hair balls but only once she barfed and no hair all. She is not long haired and we brush her often. She really struggles with it but nothing comes out. We had her at a vet last week and she gave us a tube of tuna flavored laxative to try on her. She wouldn't take it right away but licked it off of her paw tonight. She has been sleeping more and seems to want to be by herself which is unusual. We have had her only a little more than a yr and she has not lost weight since she started coughing or choking like!
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I'd like to help you and Mini. Along with the cough, have you noticed any open mouth breathing (panting like a dog?). Is she pooping normally in the litter box?