Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Good food for cats

Customer Question

good food for cats
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 month ago.

There are a lot of good diets out there. If you want to go with a dry diet, something like Iams or Science diet are good options. Personally, I feed my cat Iams chicken flavor dry.

There are a lot of people that prefer an all canned diet. This is probably better for the cats as it provides more fluid and helps the kidneys. There are studies showing that Friskies canned is one of the better diets out there and as good for many medical conditions as the prescription diets. That would be my first choice for an all canned diet.

A combination of canned/ dry is also not a bad idea to increase fluid intake and still get the benefit of chewing the dry food on the teeth.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?