Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.
Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. So most kitties that have what you have described can be fixed. Your cat is going through feline urologic syndrome most likely. Here is what you need to do to correct the situation:
1. Make sure you have at least 2 litter boxes if you have one cat....you need one for each cat + one. So one cat needs two boxes.
2. Boxes should have scoopable unscented litter and be easy to get to and scooped out twice daily every single day and dumped totally out monthly.
3. Your kitty may have to see a vet and get some antibiotics as well as medicine for pain. The good news is your kitty is a female so she should not get a urinary tract blockage
4. Put your kitty on Purina UR prescription urinary tract diet. your vet can get this for you
5. Check out the indoor pet website https://indoorpet.osu.edu/cats
Hope this helps you but let me know if you need additional info. Sincerely, DRB
Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.
Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB