Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

Thank you somuch for answering I am so worried about my cat

Customer Question

Thank you somuch for answering I am so worried about my cat my baby she is 3 years old an angora she has been going to the littler box every 4-5 minutes just really pushing she has gotten some out the last one was the best she did go pee in my bed she has never done that before is it a bladder problem
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: she keeps licking her behind every few minutes she is eating and drinking and eating goodies all the other cats I had they died from bladder problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. So most kitties that have what you have described can be fixed. Your cat is going through feline urologic syndrome most likely. Here is what you need to do to correct the situation:

1. Make sure you have at least 2 litter boxes if you have one need one for each cat + one. So one cat needs two boxes.

2. Boxes should have scoopable unscented litter and be easy to get to and scooped out twice daily every single day and dumped totally out monthly.

3. Your kitty may have to see a vet and get some antibiotics as well as medicine for pain. The good news is your kitty is a female so she should not get a urinary tract blockage

4. Put your kitty on Purina UR prescription urinary tract diet. your vet can get this for you

5. Check out the indoor pet website

Hope this helps you but let me know if you need additional info. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB