Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Shake has been on EnteDerm for around 3 weeks. He has a sore

Customer Question

Shake has been on EnteDerm for around 3 weeks. He has a sore under his chin that has spread down his neck. It wasn't that big when I started with the medicine. It seems to be getting bigger. He licks it after I put the meds on an I was wondering it that could be the cause of his lost of appetite. He will not eat his dry cat for and only wants to lick the juice of the canned cat food. I'm at a lost as what to do. Any suggestions.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Shake he his a male 5 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: NO I just want to know what to do. I was hoping it was the EnteDerm. Because that is the only thing different that I have done.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. I am sorry Shake is having problems. Give me a moment to read your question.

So entoderm is meant to be used short term for minor areas of inflammation and superficial infection. If the lesion on his chin has now spread down his neck then you need to stop the Entederm. He needs to have the area clipped and cleaned with an antibacterial solution and will likely need antibiotics. Sometimes a superficial dermatitis can get worse when kept moist. Clipping it and cleaning it will allow it to dry out. As far as his appetite is concerned, it could be a combination of licking the entoderm and not feeling well from the sore. He really should be taken in to your local veterinarian to have it rechecked.