Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

There is a very large and spotted cat in our neighbourhood

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: There is a very large brown and spotted cat in our neighbourhood which I think is probably a pedigree of some kind. He is very large and keeps attacked my cat. So far the vets bills are in excess of £600. Last week he made a deep 12" gash on her side and bite her in several places. I'm at my wits end as I've tried keeping her inside but she hates it and I want to know the best way to deter the bully from coming near my house and garden.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: My cat is Penny and she is 1 year old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Penny?
Customer: She is neurered and does not fight with other cats in our neighbourhood or our other very old cat.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

JACustomer, do you have a picture of this cat at a reasonably close distance (the stray?)

Is trapping and removal an option if he is, indeed, a purebred?

Does he have tags and a collar?