Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

Our cat went missing 3 weeks ago, we just found him trapped

Customer Question

Our cat went missing 3 weeks ago, we just found him trapped under the neighbors house and no vets are open in the area until Monday. He is drinking water like crazy but he has been without food and water for so long I am worried he won't be able to handle regular food. Could we give him baby formula or something like that until he has gained some strength back. He is so weak that I'm worried he won't make it to Monday. What would be the best to do as far as care until we can get him to a clinic?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I am glad to hear you found Mo after all this time! My own cat went missing for 9 days and I was sure he was gone for good.

If you look at his gums, are they pink in color, or pale?

You can give milk, broth, baby food. I would offer him cat food as well; that is better nutrition for him than baby food or milk or baby formula.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Until you can get him to a clinic, get him hydrated: offer water, tuna juice, chicken broth, baby food or kitten food with water or broth added.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you saw my response.

Please let me know how Mo is doing. Kindly consider rating my answer so the website knows I assisted you!

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.
Hi Makenzie Grantham,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Mo. How is everything going?