Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

My cat has scans all over, is losing weight, just urinated

Customer Question

My cat has scans all over, is losing weight, just urinated outside her litter box on our bed and is hiding in a closet.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Scabs,not scans.
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 3 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. In a cat with generalized scabs, I worry about allergies. The most common allergen would be fleas, with food and other environment allergens at the top of the list. Urinating outside of the litter box and hiding are signs that she may have a urinary tract infection or has discomfort. She really needs to be taken to yo

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. This all seemed to happen at once. We recently adopted her from a shelter and she was fine until 2 days ago.

So, she is very new and is likely hiding because of that. What food are you feeding? How many cats in the household and how many litter boxes? What type of litter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2 cats (including her) , two litter boxes, friskies dry food. She has been treated for fleas and current on all vaccinations. Was negative for leukemia hiv.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She cried when she urinated.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Litter .. regular from Petsense.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She is three years old per the shelter

So the fact that she cried when she urinated is a huge sign that she has a urinary tract infection or cystitis (inflammation of bladder). You should add one more litter box and clean up any urinary accidents with a product called Anti IckyPoo so that they are not attracted to the site again. You can order that on Amazon. Very effective. I have seven cats and it has worked wonders. Natures miracle is readily available but does not work as well. It sounds like she is caught up on all of the routine care. I would definitely get her in to your veterinarian for a urinalysis and to check her skin. Feel free to ask additional questions. If you are satisfied, then please take time to rate my answer. Take care.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you! We will take her to our vet.

Your welcome. Take care.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Kelly Hill