Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

She is about 6 years old, was fixed but seems to be having a

Customer Question

she is about 6 years old, was fixed but seems to be having a rust colored discharge. it doesn't smell, i took her to the vet recently to get a flea bath and the doctor looked at it, told me she was overweight and it could just be fecal matter but i just dont think so
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: monster
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about monster?
Customer: shes a happy cat? she doesnt seem lethargic she doesnt spend an over amount of time in the litter box eats drinks normally. is definitely overweight and ive stopped free feeding her to try and help her lose weight
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Welcome. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Monster. This is a back and forth conversation to get more information. Is this rust colored discharge only on her rear end? Did your vet see it? How have her stools been looking recently?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
her stools are totally normal no blood, and yes only on her rear

Ddi your vet specifically see the discharge?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he did some " sanitary shaving" so its more prominant now that I can see, but i just cant help but feel like it COULD be something? but I cant afford a thousand dollars doing tests so I was hoping to be pointed in the right direction to pass on to my vet
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he looked like he did, and they groomed her? and i mentioned it before hand so I would hope that they would look at it

Do you feel that she's urinating / going to the bathroom more frequently? Did they shave her around her bottom / vulvular region?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i actually took some pictures of it, one of her rear its blurry though ( thats all she would let me get ha) and then one of using a moist towel that is white to wipe it off to see the color
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
shes not urinating frequently, about twice a day maybe? in the morning and at night?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just a two inch circumference around her vagina?

Can you post that picture here with the paper clip icon? That is good that she's not urinating more frequently.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i will right now

Sounds good! Look forward to it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im sorry its taking a minute to upload from my phone sorry!

No problem on the wait. How are things going with the upload?