Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow,
Experience:  Veterinarian at The Vet Clinic East

I have 2 cats male female 23 and 2 yrs. The male got very

Customer Question

I have 2 cats male female 23 and 2 yrs. The male got very aggressive towards the female last week. The female was playing with a shopping bag and got stocked started running the male got very scared
And since Friday got very aggressive. They used to get along great.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Oliver
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oliver?
Customer: no
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Correction the ages are 3 the male 2 the female
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** and I can try and help with Oliver! Are they both spayed/neutered?

At this age, they are reaching social maturity, and they can start to display some different behavioral issues. It is not uncommon for this to happen after one of them startles the other one.

You can try to correct his aggressive behavior by feeding them treats or petting them while they are near each other, to reinforce that good things happen when they are close to each other.

Something else that may help is to get some Feliway, which you can find at the pet store. It is a phermone that helps to relax them, and it comes as a plug-in and a spray.

Sometimes cats act more aggressive when they are not feeling well, so it is important to make sure Oliver is eating and urinating normally.

Dr. Snow

Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need assistance?