Jess K
Jess K, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

Vomiting white foam. Expose to silicone caulking in our

Customer Question

vomiting white foam. Expose to silicone caulking in our bedroom in replacement windows. It had a very strong odor and no ventilation because of the heat and humidity. She is not eating and has vomited 4 times in the last 9 hours.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Callie Ann age 8
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Callie Ann?
Customer: Had a bad tooth 3 years ago that was infected. Kind of lazy in the last 2-3 years. Has some matting of fur on her sides.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog. Can you tell me, do you know the brand and type of caulk that she has eaten? Do you still have the packaging?

Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

It appears that you are not online right now, but my recommendation would be to make a visit to your vet and if you have the caulking product container bring that along. Some of these caulks containe ethylene glycol, which is the toxic ingredient in antifreeze, and we want to be sure that isn't what is going on with your dog, as it can cause kidney damage (which can result in vomiting and decreased appetite).