Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

7 Year old bengal male, neutered. usually very active,

Customer Question

7 Year old bengal male, neutered. usually very active, inside outside cat. Hunter of small animals especially squirels. Caught on Thursday with half eaten squirel. Took it from him. He ate regular dinner on Thursday bur stayed out all night somewhere during a severe rain storm. Returned Friday early afternoon. For last . two days he has been interested in eating anything. Sleeping all day, no interest in our other cat (very attached). Did get him to drink some and urinate in litter box but he is very lethargic. No vets open today. Is there anything I can do until tomorrow?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the Bengal will be able to digest that. What is the Bengal's name?
Customer: Sparky. This is not the first time he has caught and eaten a squirrel, mouse, chipmonk, and a couple of birds. T3 cat from good breader.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sparky?
Customer: His eye has mucus in it and his nose is dry. He is usually very very vocal and really loves being outside 80 percent of the time.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Has Sparky been tested for feline leukemia and feline aids recently?
2) When was his last feline leukemia vaccine?
3) Are you seeing any vomiting or diarrhea?