Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital

I jus paid for answer and haven't gotten one, I have a 6

Customer Question

I jus paid for answer and haven't gotten one
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: I have a 6 year very active cat he goes outside during the day I n weekend and last night we went to puck him up to come inside and he freaked and when I went to pet him his left side must hurt cause he nipted at me and he has thrown up a few times in the last coiuoke of days
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: Left side
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: Not visually he does let me pet him and purrs but if I touch there he cis upset
JA: Is the cat eating normally?
Customer: Yesterday yes today no only treats so far and very little to no water either
JA: Is the cat having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: His litter box was full yesterday I cleaned it and only urine so far
JA: How is the cat behaving differently?
Customer: Yes usually talking a lot and active he has slept a lot and hasn't talked at all this am
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Riley
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Riley?
Customer: No he usually has tons of personality very very loving loves to be held and loved I did thgst already but haven't got a reply
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Hill. The pain on Riley's side sounds like a possible cat fight wound. They are typically very painful and have only tiny marks from a claw or tooth. The other possibility is that he could have sustained trauma, a fall or hit on that side. Cat fight wounds will usually fester in a couple of days and typically cause a fever. I would keep him indoors today. You should offer some canned food to encourage eating, as long as he has not vomited for a few hours. I recommend that you take him to your veterinary hospital tomorrow because he needs pain medications and may need antibiotics. Hope this helps and feel free to ask additional questions. Take Care.

Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.
Hi Cindy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Kelly Hill