Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

She is not eating or drinking, just noticed this yesterday

Customer Question

She is not eating or drinking, just noticed this yesterday afternoon. She is also unusually docile...would like to know how I can try to hydrate her or feed her by hand/syringe that might help until I can get her to a vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 13 ½ years old she is indoor/outdoor cat who generally stays in our yard when she is outside
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sasha?
Customer: Our other kitty passed away last Dec, they had been together since Sasha was a kitten. Sasha is also a pretty small kitty she normally weighs in around 8.5 lbs. but when I weighed her this morning she was closer to 8 lbs. (last time I weighed her was a little over a month ago, I normally weigh her on the first of each month but the summer has been kinda busy and I forgot to do it August 1st.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When did she stop eating and drinking normally?

2) What foods does she normally eat?