Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has a horribly congested nose with difficulty

Customer Question

My cat has a horribly congested nose with difficulty breathing. Took her to the Vet & she flushed her nose and put her on antibiotics 3 times. My cat gets better. 7-10 days after stopping the antibiotics; my kitty had is sick again and can hardly breath. We had X-rays of her head and lungs showing congestion. The vet told us to get a CT and possible sinus surgery. The cat was on antibiotics for a month each time. My cat is on an antihistamine but it isn't helping.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Has a culture and sensitivity been performed?
2) What antibiotics have been used in the past?
3) What antihistamines?