Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Is this a real person? So are you real? Oh ok. My cat was

Customer Question

Is this a real person?
JA: I'm the Veterinarian's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: So are you real?
JA: No. I'm the Veterinarian's Assistant.
Customer: Oh ok. My cat was itching her allergy prone eye and I believe her dew claw caught a bit of her eyeball.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: wow.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: How soon to talk to a vet?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Question: I believe my cat has eye ellergies that come from time to time. I usually give her saline or Vetericyn eye wash. Tonight she scratched with her dewclaw and wouldn't open her eye. I used to be a vet tech and checked her eye using a flashlight. I noticed she had a very small and very shallow cut on her eye presumably from the scratching. Not sure if I need to take her in right now, wait until tomorrow, or flush/apply a warm compress and wait it out. Thoughts? Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How deep does the laceration look?

Are you seeing any corneal edema (haze/clouding) around the suspect laceration?

Any inflammation of the conjunctiva?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Decided to take her in. Thanks for the response.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

No worries, my dear.

I will send your question back to customer service just now.

Take care,

Dr. B.