Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.

My cat has small amounts of blood coming from either mouth

Customer Question

My cat has small amounts of blood coming from either mouth or nose and his tesricles had some brown liquid coming out of them he is lethargic
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.

Unless there's a history of trauma which could result in such bleeding, ingestion of an anticoagulant rodenticide such as d-CON is an important differential diagnosis in bleeding cats. If Betty has access to such a rodenticide or has eaten a rodent poisoned by that rodenticide he'll need the attention of his vet at your earliest convenience. The brown liquid came from his anal sac glands rather than his testicles. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.