Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

He is 13. years old. running nose with lots of sneezing.

Customer Question

he is 13. years old. running nose with lots of sneezing. Today we noticed one eye is covered in white.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Bailey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?
Customer: no
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. There are many things that can cause these symptoms but one of the most would be a viral infection. There is nothing specific that you can do for treatment but you can offer immune support to your cat and if his nasal discharge becomes mucoid or greenish yellow then you must see a vet and get some antibiotics for him. In the meantime you can order some vetriscience DMG online and start giving him 1/2 ml orally twice daily of this product and this will help his immune system fight the possible viral infection. You can also warm up canned food for him and this will help his appetite stay up which is a major problem when cats get stuffy noses. This is about all you can do at home. If this does not clear him up then you should see a vet or if he gets worse or stops eating. Hope this helps, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have additional questions...sincerely, DRB