Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

The hair on her neck and between her shoulders is extremely

Customer Question

The hair on her neck and between her shoulders is extremely thin and she's bald behind her ears. She's also extremely skinny - can feel all her little bones. She's about 9 years old, been an outdoor cat most her life and we just brought her in a month ago when we saw this happening to her. We've had her to the vet and her Liver Enzyme levels are extremely high. Had a skin scraping done and no mange or mites present. Vet's at a loss what could be wrong also.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Spazzy Girl. We only put 1 vial of Revolution on her at the vets when we first took her for this condition because the vet thought it might be fleas. There were non present at the time of administration though.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: The skin where the hair loss is occurring is warm to the touch.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question. Can you tell me a few things to help me understand what is going on.

First, Do you know if your veterinarian tested her thyroid function?

Second, are the areas that are losing hair itching or crusty?