Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Drooling and toung was out..listless but no fever, Grey is

Customer Question

Drooling and toung was out..listless but no fever
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Grey is 7yr male
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Grey?
Customer: 2 yes ago he had urinary track Probst but was on vet so grain
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and welcome.

I'm sorry Grey is not feeling well. The drooling could be caused by an oral problem like an abscessed tooth or gum infection or it could be caused by nausea. In addition, he may have chewed on, or ingested a non-food or toxic item.

Since he's listless, he may have an infection in his body which needs to be treated with antibiotics. He needs to be seen by a vet, asap. If he had a urinary tract infection or a blockage two years ago, I'm sure you're watching to see if he's urinating at usual.

For the moment, you can give him 1/4 of a 10mg. Pepcid AC (Famotidine is the generic) tablet to help curb his nausea, if he is nauseated and settle his stomach.

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid

--------

However, if he has an infection in his mouth or an infection in his system, he does need to be seen in person for a definite diagnosis and treatment. If you can get him into an ER vet center now, that would be best.

Don't forget to watch that he's urinating normally.

I hope all will be well with Grey!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cerecita