Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My cat came home looking bad she is weak refuses food-even

Customer Question

my cat came home looking bad she is weak refuses food-even her favorite wet.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Domina Forte. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long had she been gone?

If you look at her gums, do they look a normal bright pink color, or do they seem pale?

I see she is not eating; will she at least take water or liquids?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
her mouth and gums have always been black she has green stuff coming from nose . was gone over night
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
she is a torte
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

How about the color of her tongue, or the color below her eyelid if you gently pull her lower eyelid down?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

If she won't eat, try to get her hydrated by offering water, broth, or tuna juice.

Can you take her temperature? The green discharge could be an infection, and she may need antibiotics. Normal rectal temperature is 101 to 102; over 103 indicates a fever and possible infection.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
eye is black tongue is normal looking
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

There are many things this could be: she could have been injured, and has internal injuries; she may have an infection; she may have gotten something to eat that is not good for her. To tell you more than that, I would need to be able to examine her.

Good that her tongue is pink.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks for trying tohelp i guess i will have to take her to the vet tom
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do i still need to pay you
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Try to get her to drink something if she is not eating. Offer broth, water, and tuna juice.

Can you take her temperature?

I am trying to help, the best I can, without being able to see and examine her!

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

If you have a question about payments, please contact customer service, on the drop down menu.

I just answer veterinary questions for the website, and will be happy to continue answering questions for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i do not have a thermometer
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am pretty worried about her, and probably the best thing to do is have her examined by a veterinarian as soon as you can. She could be really sick or injured. Until you can get her to a vet, try to get her to take some liquids, keep her food and water and litter close by so she does not have to move around too much.

Monitor to see if she is urinating, and defecating; watch for vomiting. If she vomits or is not passing stool or urine, she needs medical attention.