Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My 4 month ok kitten went from playing to non responsive

Customer Question

My 4 month ok kitten went from playing to non responsive over nite..alert and hyderated but nothing else.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are 2 possibilities for this condition that has fallen on your kitten. One is that the young kittens can become hypoglycemic which means that they lack enough glucose to keep their systems functioning. The first thing to do is to give your kitten 1/2 teaspoon of Karo Syrup every few hours to help increase her glucose levels that are required for complete function. Check her all over for some form of injury especially to her back. They can become so energetic that they could possibly injure them selves and if you see anything that appears odd, take her directly to your vet for an exam....if there is a back issue or head trauma, veterinary care is required to help your sweet gal past this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****