Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.

Does a cat who gave birth 5 weeks ago go into heat and when

Customer Question

Does a cat who gave birth 5 weeks ago go into heat and when they are in heat do they Crouch their hind legs streching and swaying rear back and forth.walking crouched and swaying hind legs. Meowing more often and louder.
Still acting affectionate and normal when not doing above.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, they absolutely can go into heat with these signs days after they have given birth. So, it is quite likely Kat is in heat with what you have reported and you need to keep her away from any male cats else she could end up pregnant again already.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )