Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

10 M/O DSH. Fever, painful joint(S). Will not walk unless

Customer Question

10 M/O DSH. Fever, painful joint(S). Will not walk unless necessary. Will eat with assist, not force, assist. Purrs, tail flips. Confirmed no fluid in abdomen. All blood work unremarkable. No sensitivity to physical exam with exception to tenderness in rear hip and down area. XRay showed nothing remarkable. Two Vets stumped. Specialist in 3 days. Thoughts?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can answer additional health questions as well.
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 9 months ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your kitty is so sick. These are some of the ideas that come to mind when I think about her problems:

-immune mediated polyarthritis

-spinal cancer (lymphoma)

-lymes (if you live in an area that has this disease)

-mycoplasma

-fungal disease (if in the right area as well)

-osteomyelitis (bone infection)

Does this help? Your history was very concise. Thank you.

Dr. Amanda

How is your kitty tonight? Any further information on her condition? How is she feeling?

Dr. Amanda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The Vet is thinking along the arthritis line as well. She is hesitant though, she states the streriod can either make her 90% in 12 hours or kill her if it is another specific disease, I don't recall the name. Kitty is the same except, she is now evacuating in the litter box, with assist, and is now eating wet cat food. Just today she made it from the kitchen to other rooms, on her own. She is still lethargic and cries with pain when moved. Her body is still functioning, it just seems to be painful for her to move.

Thank yo so much for the update. I am glad to hear that she is feeling a little better and I am sorry to hear that she is still painful. What pain medications is she on? What other medications for arthritis is she on? How else can I help you and your kitty?

Dr. Amanda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am really sorry, but due to restrictions on my license, I cannot accept phone calls.

How is your kitty tonight? Any more improvement?

Dr. Amanda