Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat Mia has always stayed in my bedroom with me. She

Customer Question

My cat Mia has always stayed in my bedroom with me. She would come out and play and hangout with me then go back to my room. The other morning she jumped up on my bed and just stayed next to me for about 5 minutes. Then jumped down went downstairs to another bedroom she never even gone to and now won't come back to my bedroom where she's always been. She's even under the bed and comes out to eat and potty and runs right back under the bed in the other bedroom. If I take her back to my bedroom she just runs back down stairs to other room again. What is going on with her I miss her in our room.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Has there been any changes at home (ie new people/pets, noises, odors, furniture, etc)?

Any chance of a fall, injury or anything happening while she was in her normal room?

Has she been eating as much as usual? Drinking more or less?

Any diarrhea or changes to her urine?

Does she seem sore anywhere when you feel her?