Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Cat was gone for 3 days came in with thick comeing from her

Customer Question

cat was gone for 3 days came in with long thick spit comeing from her mouth yesterday evening she is in the garage under some junk this cat is 10 years old although she lives outside i am very close to her and pet her daily. but she doesnt like me to pick her up right now she is hiding i dont know if she is dead or alive i dont want to disturb her intull iknow what to do pease help
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cat. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is she eating, and drinking? If not, she is getting dehydrated, and that will make her condition even worse. Thick saliva from the mouth can be a sign of an injury in the mouth, dehydration, fever, or not being able to swallow.

If I could, I would get her out, to examine her: Check if her gums are pink, check to see if she is dehydrated and in need of fluids. I would examine her for wounds, listen for fluid in her lungs, take her temperature. She should see a veterinarian as soon as possible. Until then, take her some broth or water and see if she can take fluids.

Let me know what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

How is your cat doing? I hope you saw my response; I never heard back from you. I hope she is dong better.