Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Kiki has a very distended belly suddenly. He has been

Customer Question

kiki has a very distended belly suddenly. He has been drinking a lot lately and took him to the vet 3 months ago for it but they said he was fine. He is slower lately, but is still hungry and has thrown up a couple of hairballs in the past couple of weeks but no other signs. He is 1 year old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Kiki
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kiki?
Customer: no
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Kiki. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

When you took him to the vet 3 months ago, were any blood tests done?

If you look at his gums are they a normal bright pink color, or do they seem pale?

A distended belly in a young cat can be from parasites, or from certain infections. Increased drinking is also a clue to what is wrong. It might be time to have some tests done to find the cause of the problem. I would start with an exam, to determine if the distension is fluid inside his belly, or an enlarged internal organ. An Xray might be helpful.

Let me know what other questions you have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I hope you saw my response; I have not heard back from you1 Was this helpful? Can I answer anything else about Kiki? How is he today?