Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Within the last half hour, my cat sat down and started

Customer Question

Within the last half hour, my cat sat down and started scooting backward three times. He laid down in his litter box, screamed when I picked him up, and is growling to himself. He was fine when we came in from shopping, jumped in the open car in the garage, mooched pot roast at dinner, then started the scooting and seems hesitant to walk. He's an indoor cat who was fine when we left to go shopping this evening, seemed fine when we got home. The only abnormal thing is some very soft stool in the litter box. He's now hiding in a dark spot. Emergency vet time?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 4 months ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your kitty isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

has he produced any urine within the last 6 hours?

what does his rear end look like?

any current meds or illness?

eating and drinking ok?