Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I just found her getting into the toilet water. She had, it

Customer Question

Hello, I just found her getting into the toilet water. She had, it appears, dunked her foot and licked it off. However I can say she didn't actually drink from it as well. We have tidy bowl in the tank of our toilet that turns the water blue. I was looking online trying to determine if just observing her would be enough.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Kaysie and she's 12 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kaysie?
Customer: Not that I can think of. She did do a little choking/coughing right after but did not vomit . (Similar to when they have a hair ball.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 4 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Kaysie and the toilet water.
I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.
In the meantime, in order to help me help you better, I'll need some more information. To start with, can you please tell me:

• Exactly how long ago did this happen?
  • Is Kaysie otherwise healthy and on no medications?

I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply.
Thank you.