Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Thanks for your help. I just adopted a 2 y/o F cat that was

Customer Question

Hi Pearl! Thanks for your help. I just adopted a 2 y/o F cat that was rescued a few weeks ago off the streets. She got her spay 2 days ago and was given her last dose of pain meds yesterday morning at 8 AM. I noticed she has had a good appetite and has drank a sufficient amount of water, however, she has not had a BM at all since I've brought her home. She's peed in the litter box 3x but no BM. I'm worried there may be a blockage or is constipation normal after spaying? Are there any other reasons she may not be going?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Veterinarian will figure it out. I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: Pardon? You didn't read my question before answering, I'm confused
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  stumvb replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stuart here, I'm a cat veterinarian in Ireland. Thanks for your question. Can I ask your cat's name? Were you instructed to withhold food around the time of her surgery?