Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian

My my five-year-old usually healthy frisky indoor outdoor

Customer Question

My my five-year-old usually healthy frisky indoor outdoor cat has been lethargic for the past 3 days not eating much and just laying around. I'm starting to worry about him
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your kitty is sick. Is he still eating and drinking? Does he possibly fight with other kitties or wildlife in your neighborhood? Can you take his temperature? The best way is in the rectum. Normal temperature for a cat is 100.5 to 102.5 degrees.

If he continues to be lethargic, I would recommend taking him to your regular veterinarian tomorrow for an exam. I am worried that he may have an abscess or other injury that is causing him pain and fever leading to his lethargy.

Does this help? What other questions do you have?

Dr. Amanda

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He doesn't have a fever and I can't tell if he's going the bathroom or not because you always goes outside he hasn't gotten any fights because he's been in the house most the time only ventured out to lay on the sidewalk in the Sun

Can you keep him locked inside tonight to monitor urinating and defecation?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.