Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian

I had a wonderful cat for 16 years who died this past

Customer Question

I had a wonderful cat for 16 years who died this past Father's day. While I was just browsing I found a beautiful male siamese rescued and now being offered for adoption at a local well respected animal hospital. My grown children think that the new cat might catch the scent of my previous male cat and would instinctively mark his territory. The last thing I would want to do to this poor cat is to have to return him. Can you weigh in please?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** and I am excited that you feel ready to accept a new kitty into your home. Neutered cats are very rarely interested in marking their territory, so I think bringing the new cat into your home should be safe if he is neutered.

While there are no guarantees that there will be no behavior problems, I feel optimistic that the new cat will settle in nicely.

Does this help? Do you have any other questions?

Dr. Amanda